Africa Tech Venture Capital Hotspots
An overview providing a deeper look into the hotspots in Africa that get funding
A report going over how the African startup scene has been blooming
- In 2021, amid global VC growth, Africa tech still grew faster than any other region with 2x the activity of last year and more than 3x the amount invested :
- 681 rounds of fundraising brought in a total of $5.2 Billion. When we include debt, it’s even a total of $6 Billion in 724 rounds.
- 681 equity rounds above $200K sets a new record.
- The number of deals almost doubled, increasing by 92% YoY
- This puts African tech ahead of even LATAM