Cryptocurrency Ownership in Kenya
An overview of the crypto ownership in Kenya
A source that will give you a bird’s eye view on what the cryptocurrency market looks like in Kenya
- Interest in cryptocurrency trade has been rising in Kenya’s Silicon Savannah that now see it as the future of value exchange.
- The Central Bank of Kenya has made a decision to switch to bitcoin as a reserve currency.
- It is estimated that over 4.5 million people, 8.5% of Kenya’s total population, currently own cryptocurrency.
- Kenya is the top Bitcoin maximalist country globally, topping bitcoin search interest at 94.7%. Kenya also ranks within the top ten worldwide on the topic of “cryptocurrency” on Google
- Kenyans have made whopping profits out of cryptocurrency trading without migrating to any other country due to their economy taking a dip lately